The practicalities of making a new juggling routine including:
– The role of the routine in the show/act.
– Selecting tricks.
– The progression of tricks through a routine.
– Finding music.
– The first performance.
– Writing new music.
– Dealing with drops.
– Cutting sections of the act.
– Introducing the routine.
A bounce juggling routine I made that can work on floor surfaces that are terrible for bouncing. That means:
– Only three balls.
– Mostly force bounces, or very high lift bounces.
– The same soundtrack at different speeds depending on the firmness of the floor.
– A spare bounce ball kept in the back of my trouser waistband in case of drops.
This video is edited from two performances (the opening and closing of one show, and the juggling of a second show) on the Koningsdam cruise ship in September 2017.